About Me

My photo
A blog about my various passions. Marketing. Music. Photography. Fitness. Running. Technology.

Thursday, September 12, 2013

The Importance of Exquisite Timing in Marketing

Timing is everything. Yet in our marketing lives how much time do we spend thinking about time?

I was at a great Canada Post marketing conference yesterday called Think Inside the Box organized by my colleagues. The keynote speaker was Terry O’Reilly and he made me think about time.

When is the best time to reach your consumer? Where is he/she in the customer purchase journey? Is he in the phase where he is discovering a need? Is he preparing to use your product? If you will communicate to them then considering timing is so important. Your message will change in consequence.




As Mr. O'Reilly mentioned in his captivating presentation, the magician Lance Burton in Las Vegas certainly considered time. How simple and smart is this example of exquisite timing?




No comments:

Post a Comment