About Me

My photo
A blog about my various passions. Marketing. Music. Photography. Fitness. Running. Technology.

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Canadian ECommerce Retailers Better Wake Up!

My team and I at Canada Post, in conjunction with the JC Williams Research Group, recently conducted a research study among Canadian ecommerce buyers (n=1,396).

One big finding is that 60% of purchases came from outside of Canada. That is huge. When looking at price disparities for the same product one quickly understands why more Canadians are buying from the US than from Canada. Wake up Canadian ECommerce retailers! With the Canadian dollar being pretty much at par with the American dollar for the past few years there is absolutely no justification for  this price gap.


Case in point. I recently bought a Klipsch G-17 from Amazon.com. I went to Miami for a long weekend. Shipped the product to my hotel, declared it when I came back and presto. I saved big time. 

Amazon.ca has the product listed at $269.31 CDN.



The Canadian Apple store has it at $549.95. Shame on you.


And finally, I paid $164.90 USD on Amazon.com. 


Wake up Canadian retailers!

No comments:

Post a Comment